Trying to find a new position can be a time-consuming process. Furthermore, it can lead to frustration when the steps involved are not understood. St. Joseph Health attempts to provide transparency by sharing the steps involved during our hiring process.
Good, you are ready to apply for a position! The next step is to create your application and tell us more about your background. To start the process, simply select the ‘Search Jobs’ button and follow the steps to build your candidate profile.
- Our application process has several different steps, allowing you the opportunity to highlight what you bring to our organization and to the job
- Before you start your application, it helps to have all of your employment, educational and licensure/certification information available
- Plan on spending 30-45 minutes or if you are short on time, save your work and return later to complete your application. (Tip: keep your username and password handy if you plan to do this).
- While several jobs may sound interesting, we really want you to only apply to those where you actually meet the requirements listed in the posting. Requirements are exactly that…the specific qualifications needed for the job
- Be sure to add your resume as an attachment, giving us added insight into your skills and background
- Before submitting your application, review your information and make any needed adjustments
- Don’t forget to include your electronic signature to your application
Upon receipt of your application we will send you an e-mail confirming that you are now our applicant and ready for review. If you don’t receive this e-mail in a timely manner (same day), you may want to check your SPAM/Junk folder
Your application will first be reviewed by members of our recruiting team. They will look closely at the completeness of your application, determine if you meet the minimal job requirements and assess your overall fit to the position. Since we have a large pool of interested applicants, our recruiting team reviews new applicants regularly. While you may not hear back immediately to your application, please know that we do review applicants on a daily basis.
- If you are a potential applicant for a position, additional information will be gathered on your skills and background. This could include a phone screening, an in-person interview or even a skype interview conducted by the recruiting team or hiring manager.
- Applicants determined to be the most qualified for the positon will be submitted to the hiring manager for consideration. If there is an interest in meeting with you, the manager will contact you directly to discuss next steps in the interview process
- We include behavioral-based questions in our interview process.These questions are great opportunities to share your actual experiences you have had especially when it comes to customer service, team efforts and interactions, leadership and problem solving. Please be prepared to share examples and the details on these experiences in your interview.
- Our goal is to fill positions in a timely manner while keeping the interviewing process moving forward. The timeline for manager interviews and selection decisions can vary due to a number of circumstances which can take a few days or several weeks. If you are looking for an update, contact your recruiter.
- If you are interviewed and not selected as the final candidate, you will receive an e-mail or phone call to let you know that you are no longer being considered for the position.
- Before an offer is made, your professional references will be requested. You will provide this feedback through skill survey, which is a system that allows your references to respond to an on-line survey which is fast and easy to do. You will need to identify 5 references to participate in the process. At least two of your references need to have previously supervised/managed you in the work setting.
- All official offers of employment will be made by the recruiter. This offer is first extended verbally and then followed up with an official offer letter and other documentation that are sent by e-mail.
- All offers are contingent on successfully completing the on-boarding process which includes a health screen, drug test and other job related requirements.
- Congratulations on joining our team!
- As a part of your transition into our organization, you will participate in orientation where you will meet key leaders as well as other new employees. You will also learn more about our organization, our culture and how we do things.
- Additional training and orientation will be provided for you and will be determined by your hiring manager to assure your smooth transition as a new employee