Providence Medical Staff Coordinator in Eureka, California
Medical Staff Coordinator
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Under the immediate supervision of the Medical Staff Services Manager, the Medical Staff Coordinator:
• Process and obtain primary source verification for all aspects of provider credentialing (including initial and reappointment), as well as gather in-hospital quality/activity data.
• Prepare files and review with Department or Committee Chair.
• Update and maintain expirable documents, such as medical license, DEA, malpractice insurance, ACLS/PALS/ATLS, etc.
• Update and maintain the credentialing database.
• Produce, obtain signatures and distribute letters following Board of Trustees' approval.
• Process, obtain signatures and distribute information regarding temporary privileges in a timely manner.
• Support Medical Staff meetings, including drafting agendas, collaborating with Medical Staff Leaders and/or meeting attendees regarding agenda items, taking meeting minutes and providing timely meeting follow up.
• Assist the medical staff with the implementation of policies and procedures necessary to maintain SJHS-HC's accreditation status related to credentialing and Medical Staff support.
• Develop and maintain smooth working relationships with the Medical Staff and hospital leaders at Redwood Memorial Hospital and/or St. Joseph Hospital.
• Respond in a timely manner to requests for provider verifications from outside agencies.
• Participate in on-going professional education.
• Collaborate and maintain communication with the CMO, the Area Senior Manager and the other members of the Medical Staff Services Team.
Two years of college in business or related field.
CPCS or CPMSM certification upon hire.
Experience working in a hospital environment or medical staff office.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
About the Team
The Sisters of Providence and Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange have deep roots in California, bringing health care and education to communities from the redwood forests to the beach shores of Orange county - and everywhere in between. In Northern California, Providence provides health care services to Eureka, Redwood, Petaluma, Napa and Santa Rosa.
Our award-winning and comprehensive medical centers are known for outstanding programs in cancer, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's services, emergency and trauma care, pediatrics and neonatal intensive care. Our not-for-profit network also provides a full spectrum of care with leading-edge diagnostics and treatment, outpatient health centers, physician groups and clinics, numerous outreach programs, and hospice and home care.
We are committed to the principle that every workforce member has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to cultural diversity and equal employment for all individuals. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, compensate, transfer, train, retain, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin (including certain language use restrictions), ancestry, disability (mental and physical including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, and military and veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. We will also provide reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified caregiver or applicant for employment, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of our business.
We are a community where all people, regardless of differences, are welcome, secure, and valued. We value respect, appreciation, collaboration, diversity, and a shared commitment to serving our communities. We expect that all workforce members in our community will act in ways which reflect a commitment to and accountability for, racial and social justice and equality in the workplace. As such, we will maintain a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on any applicable legally protected status. We also expect that all workforce members will maintain a positive workplace free from any unacceptable conduct which creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
Requsition ID: 123585
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Medical Staff Support Services
Job Function: Provider Services
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
Career Track: Admin Support
Department: 7800 ADMIN
Address: CA Eureka 2700 Dolbeer St
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.