Employees on “Active” status and regular (not temporary) employees with standard work hours of 20 hours or more per week are eligible for benefits. Employees scheduled to work less than 20 hours per week are eligible for medical/RX insurance benefits at full cost. All employees are eligible for the SJH Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
Eligible dependents of enrolled employees may be enrolled for medical/RX, dental, vision, and dependent life insurance coverages as permitted by law and the insurance policy.
Eligible dependents generally include:
- Children up to age 26 regardless of student or marital status
- Unmarried disabled child of any age, provided they are incapable of self-support due to a mental or physical disability, is listed as a dependent on your federal tax return, and is approved by the medical plan. Disabled children age 26 or older must be covered by the SJH health plans prior to age 26 to be eligible to remain on the plans at age 26 or older.
- Legally Domiciled Member (LDM) and their unmarried dependent children
- Registered domestic partner (California only) and their unmarried dependent children
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement program and other tax-deferred options
- Financial support for continuous learning and education
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Day Care)
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Employee and Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Group Legal
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) for holidays, vacation and illness
- Flexible work arrangements (may vary by facility or role)
- Family Leave and Bereavement leave programs
- Full- and part-time opportunities
- Employee engagement survey with inclusive action-planning process
- Outreach events, including employee volunteer programs, clothing and food drives, and other employee-led initiatives
- Employee committees that support and further our commitment to diversity, the environment, values integration, compliance, and safety/security
- An Employee Giving Campaign to further the ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange
- Health services, such as blood drives, first-aid classes, health fairs, and flu shots
*Benefit offerings may differ by hospital/ministry. Employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement receive benefits in accordance with the terms of their contract.